Truman Beckwith House - Handicraft Club

The Truman Beckwith House was built in 1821 and became the location of the Handicraft Club in 1925. The focus of this project was to enhance accessibility on a steep hillside while maintaining the historic character of the site. Site work involved the front of the building. Improvements included resetting stone paths and steps, extending metal railings, regrading, new underground water service, new concrete sidewalks, rebuilding fences and new plants and trees. The result has been a beautiful and more accessible site that respects its history.


Corner of Benefit and College

Providence, RI

Year completed



Haynes/de Boer Architects

E.F. O'Donnell & Sons 

Scott Hesford Landscaping

Ramos Masonry LLC